Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice

Go down 
+6
Icy Feather
Marcus the Warrior
Felkaranos
Dye
Ohzone
Oblivion
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:
Upgrade?: No

Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice Empty
PostSubject: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 11:43 am

In the middle of the camp, Edvin and Dye traded vicious blows, both of them on the pinnacle of power and skill. Frowning with concentration, neither of them moving an inch, they sought for a way past the opponent's guard.

Dye roared, and flame surged along the length of his scimitar, licking at Edvin's unprotected face and driving his clones back a pace to avoid being consumed. Edvin glanced at his own sword, the Frostus Rectar. And was dismayed to see that, under the heat of Dye's fury, the tempered ice was beginning to lose definition. As soon as it was gone, Dye would smash through the blade like it wasn't even there.

The battle raged on, and Dye could see the apprehension in Edvin's eyes. Grinning with a smile that had no humour in it, he slowly started forcing Edvin back, one step at a time. Suddenly, he saw his chance. Ignoring the pain, he grabbed the now soft Frostus Rectar and ripped it out of Edvin's grasp, drawing his blade back for the final blow and yelling a victory cry.

Edvin reacted out of desparation, blowing a fine mist of fragments of sharp ice into Dye's face. His guard down, Dye shouted out in pain, clawing at his eyes and face. Then, thinking quickly, he sent a wall of fire to melt the mist and forcing Edvin even further back. He looked up.

Edvin was standing behind a wall of grim clones, each hefting solid shields of ice. Ice that had already repelled Dye once.

"Coward! Get out from behind your little helpers, and come and fight me like a warrior!" Dye was not happy. Mainly because he knew that he couldn't get to Edvin.

"Why would I do that?" Edvin lazily countered. "You see, Dye, this is one of the reasons I've never got on with you that well. Always so ferocious, so impulsive. Just like the Fire that you embody. You should learn to relax, take it easy." He stretched, his eyes sharpening. "However, I know the prophecies. I know what Angel saw. I cannot let you win, and so here I am, fighting you, or fire will engulf the world. That won't happen."

"Ooh, real scary." Dye rolled his eyes. "What are you going to do? I destroyed your precious sword, remember?"

Edvin smiled, mist roling from his mouth in short puffs. "Maybe so, but I've always wanted to prove that Ice is stronger than Fire. And now's my chance."

As he spoke, power coalesced around him in a sphere. Inside the sphere, the air froze. Dye sensed the danger, and, wrapping himself in devouring flames, rushed at him. In his desparation, he crushed the first clone to step forward, literally smashing through him, but then he was surrounded on all sides by shields. He was trapped. He increased the intensity of his flames, an the clones backed away, but still would not let him through.

Edvin, glowing white with cold, spoke a single, unitelligible word, and Dye's world disappeared in a monstrous blizzard. Squeezing his eyes shut, and wrapping his power around him to protect himself from the biting cold, Dye huddled into a ball, trying not to scream as the wind and ice smashed into him, throwing bodily away.

The blizzard died down, and Edvin opened his eyes. Looking ahead, he saw a figure roughly upside down in a new snowdrift, waving his legs furiously. He had an incredible urge to laugh out loud, but decided against it. Dye would be angry enough as is. As he thought this, the ground shook, and all the snow that had built up evaporated in a column of flame.

Now Dye was angry, if angry was the best word for how he was feeling. Too angry even to speak. It was just as well no one else had seen him. That would be the end of his reputation right there. So now, all he had to do was kill the one person who had seen it, and the person who had indeed done it. Edvin was going to pay.

Remembering that he was still in the middle of battle, he looked around him, spotting Edvin and his little army standing around 15 feet away, smirking. He growled, then looked up, his jaw dropping as he did so. The campsite had disappeared, and all he could see was a round dome, steaming slightly from its own extreme cold. Edvin had made a huge dome out of ice.

From the outside, it looked slightly as if some giant had built an igloo and forgotten to build a door. Seth, still tied to the post, with an unpleasant fishy smell in his mouth, gaped at the construct that stood in the vicinity of Dye and Edvin. The ice mage had never been this powerful before. Creed, still trying to dodge Oblivion's earth magic, nearly flew into it. Just as well he didn't. He had felt the cold before he saw the dome, and if he had touched it, he would have been stuck to it like a tongue on a frozen pole. Which would have been the end of him, considering the tonnes of rock raining down on him.

Back inside the dome, Edvin was speaking.

"This is my new utimate magic, Tundra. Do you like it? I've created my own little climate, and I can control all the water and ice in here freely. You've also got nowhere to run. This is your grave. Be prepared, ex-Captain of Requiem."

As he spoke, an army of clones, more than Dye had ever before seen, materialized out of thin air. There must have been 50.

"Wha...Why the hell are there so many? This is stupid!" Dye was shocked, but inside, he could feel excitement rising. This would be one hell of a challenge.

"Remember the snow you melted? Well, when it evaporated, it stayed inside my dome, giving the air far more water than usual. I told you, I control that water to make ice, so the more water, the more ice. I have an unlimited amount of ice at my disposal in here. So saying, why don't you come and fight? Or are you the coward?"

Dye snapped. Screaming some very naughty words at the top of his voce, he charged straight at Edvin, the ground shaking. A firestorm of epic proportions swept ahead of him, melting the first rank of clones. Dye grinned, and was upon the rest, who were weakened. He started slashing his way through, throwing punches and kicks at those that dodged his sword.

In front of his eyes, more clones appeared, regenerating from the water of the ones that he had already beaten. Dye fell back, staring at them with hatred burning in his eyes. The Edvins glared back, and each one summoned a storm of icicles, blotting out Dye's line of view. His flames ensurd that none of them touched him, but the clones surged forward, and he couldn't stop them.

At first, he sustained only small cuts and grazes as he lashed out at those seeking to destroy him. But, as the clones pressed ever forward, he found himself overwhelmed for the first time since his battle against Wendigo. It was just like the damn crows alll over again.

As he thought this, his sword faltered. Taking advantage of this, arms reached out and grabbed it, giving others time. A shortsword made of ice shattered against his armour, cracking it, and others took advantage. Dye opened his mouth to yell, and another shortsword, steaming with cold, slammed into him, tearing his armour and following through, twisiting through his guts. Dye's eyes bulged, unable to draw in breath. The blade withdrew, red blood contrasting starkly with the cool blue blade. Others followed, hacking at his flesh, as he fell to the ground, in too much pain to even make a sound.

Darkness.

When Dye awoke, he was staring at the top of the dome. He couldn't feel anything. He moved his head to the right, and saw his sword, lying in the slack grip of a hand that didn't listen.

Edvin stood further away, and watched as his opponent died. Dye had never really acknowledged hs presence, never really believed in his power. Now he knew his own strength, and was both amazed and saddened.

"Goodbye, Dye."

He turned away, ready to leave and show the onlookers the outcome of the pitched battle hidden inside the dome. Then, a bright blue light erupted behind him. He spun around, eyes widening. Dye stood, with most of his injuries closing up and disappearing. A single blue spark emanated from the neclace around his neck and spun around his body, healing it, fortifying it.

"Jane..." Dye whispered. He felt a burning fire lighting him from the inside, and heard her voice.

"Don't lose, Dye. We will see each other again, but not yet. Don't lose, to others or to yourself!"

Dye looked up at Edvin, and Edvin could see his eye, burning with a new emotion. Not anger, but righteous determination and love.

"Ah crap." Edvin stated, matter-of-factly. He scratched his head. "This is not going according to plan."

He withdrew some of his clones, just in case, and readied himself for the attack. He knew that this was a different Dye. One that had the power to change the world. Edvin, waited, scared but determined, to see what would happen.

He didn't have to wait long.

A column of white fire shot up from where Dye stood. The pure flame shot up his scimitar. Edvin braced himself. With one movement, Dye slashed forward with his sword, sending a wave of white fire screaming towards Edvin. It cut through his minions as if they weren't even there.

Edvin had only one chance. One way to survive. He summoned all his power, and sent out a similar wave of pure ice magic, emanating in a beautiful pattern, like ripples in a pond.

The two opposing forces met directly in between the two fighters, and all hell broke lose there. Raw magic shot upwards, blowing the roof off the dome. The ground underneath began to churn as it melted and froze repeatedly, and the pressure was intolerable. All the way around the camp, fighters stopped in the middle of their own battle, the force threatening to crush them in its implacable grip.

In what was left of the dome, the battle had come down to a direct power struggle between the two opposing forces. Both sides were losing magic rapidly, and sweat poured down their faces, regardless of the bitter cold.
It was inevitable that Fire and Ice found themselves equally matched. As they laboured, they poured more and more power into their attack, trying to overcome the other. Cracks started to appear in the dome's walls, and the earth shook freely.

Dye and Edvin yelled with despair as they felt their magic fail, waited to be destroyed by the magic of the other. Nothing happened. They had both run out of power at the same time. Dye reached out a hand, vision blurred, lurching towards Edvin in a last ditch attempt to win. Blackness overwhlemed him, and he fell.

Edvin grinned, swayed, and fell over backwards, equally drained. With him unconscious, the dome shattered into a million small shards, and those that were watching saw the two fighters, lying an arm's reach from one another, both dead to the world.

Last edited by Oblivion on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Kraton
Ohzone
Soldier
Soldier
Ohzone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:02 pm

I liked the scene a few spelling errors all in all was epic with some funny scenes inside *thumbs up*
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

Position : Head of Internal Affairs and Discipline

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:24 pm

*whistle* nice Chapter. Not even close to what i imagined the way it would turn out. Great job though.
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:26 pm

I'm working on Marcus - Icy now.
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:39 pm

Felkaranos wrote:
I'm working on Marcus - Icy now.
No, I'm NOT. Can't find the fighting style for Marcus. Goes back to my original idea, Felk - Some Random Guy
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:42 pm

read the chapters 26 and 27 of the original story. his fighting style is shown there.

and, oops, sorry about the typos. i was working against the clock on this one, and i had a spastic keyboard. still, whatever.

dye, i know you wanted to win, but i don't think that now is the time for edvin to die. or you, actually. still, it was fun. i wonder who's gonna save you though...(oh, yeah. i hope you didn't find the upside down in a snowdrift thing to be too embarrassing...)

oh, and people with admin powers, this chapter can go anywhere in this whole fight scene, depending on how the plot goes. it might be best for it to go as the last chapter in this scene, as dye is kinda the ringleader - in that case, i'll rely on you to swap chapter numbers around as you see fit.

Last edited by Oblivion on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:49 pm

oblivion1 wrote:
read the chapters 26 and 27 of the original story. his fighting style is shown there.

and, oops, sorry about the typos. i was working against the clock on this one, and i had a spastic keyboard. still, whatever.

dye, i know you wanted to win, but i don't think that now is the time for edvin to die. or you, actually. still, it was fun. i wonder who's gonna save you though...
Yeah... But I have an awesome idea for the Felk - Random!!
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:35 pm

oblivion1 wrote:

dye, i know you wanted to win, but i don't think that now is the time for edvin to die. or you, actually. still, it was fun. i wonder who's gonna save you though...(oh, yeah. i hope you didn't find the upside down in a snowdrift thing to be too embarrassing...)

oh, and people with admin powers, this chapter can go anywhere in this whole fight scene, depending on how the plot goes. it might be best for it to go as the last chapter in this scene, as dye is kinda the ringleader - in that case, i'll really on you to swap chpter numbers around as you see fit.

I think i have an idea for what happens with me.... >:3 gonna wait for most of the fight scenes to end.
Back to top Go down
Marcus the Warrior
Soldier
Soldier
Marcus the Warrior

AQW Account
Username: Marcus the Warrior
Level: 16
Upgrade?: Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:52 pm

Lolz. "Very naughty words" XD. Great fight scene.
Back to top Go down
Icy Feather
Knight
Knight

AQW Account
Username: Icy Feather
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:54 am

I wonder when someone would make me use the the herb that can heal anything but only once that my character has.

Epic Fight! Epic Draw! Epic thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Edvin Jeremy
Soldier
Soldier
Edvin Jeremy

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 5:16 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers nice dude
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

Position : Storyteller/Dictionary/Leader

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Holy....mother of....I'm not writing my own fight scene any more. I wantz Oblivion or Dye to write it. This chapter took my breath away...TOO MUCH EPICNESS OMG OMG OMG!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:12 pm

I CAN'T WRITE FIGHT SCENES!!! I'M TERRIBLE AT IT! >_<
Back to top Go down
Nathan Waz Here
Captain
Captain
Nathan Waz Here

Position : Veteran

AQW Account
Username: Nathan Waz Here

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:22 pm

oblivion i love you in a brotherly way because you wrote a good story.
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Maybe i should write one... what fight scene should i do?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:31 pm

how about Holy vs. Dye Very Happy

because you killed megan in the story so i have to fight you.
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:32 pm

You've already been screwed by Felk and i've already fought Edvin.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:42 pm

how im screwed im a hybrid now
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 5:53 am

And you will heal yourself soon... But I don't know... Whatever, I'm AWESOME! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Raf
Soldier
Soldier
Raf

Position : Nothing really..

AQW Account
Username: PriestOfLight12
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 7:47 am

Great job Oblivion! :-bd
Back to top Go down
http://fb.com/rafdelatorre
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 10:28 am

Red Blizzard wrote:
Holy....mother of....I'm not writing my own fight scene any more. I wantz Oblivion or Dye to write it. This chapter took my breath away...TOO MUCH EPICNESS OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

don't be ridiculous. my brain cells were fusing together just doing one chapter. any more and my head would explode. which would be bad.

@priest: ty, but what is that face? oh, it's clapping. gotcha.

Last edited by Marcus the Warrior on Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

oh, and blizz, i'd be honoured if you could do the me vs creed fight. your fight scenes are epic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice   Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter 15: Fire vs Ice
Page 1 of 1