Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Apprenticeship available!

Go down 
+9
Soluna
Felkaranos
Oblivion
Myth
Hydra
Icy Feather
Shadow The Hedgehog
Ergent Seth
Baronet Turncoat X
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Oblivion
Captain
Captain

AQW Account
Username:
Level:
Upgrade?: No

Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 pm

/siren goes off.

Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Kraton
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

Position : Head of Internal Affairs and Discipline

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:15 pm

*Breaks the sirens* I hate sirens. They give me headaches.
Back to top Go down
Staitus
Captain
Captain
Staitus

Position : Head of Tactics and Warfare

AQW Account
Username: Staitus
Level: 100
Upgrade?: Yes

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:16 pm

SPARTANS!

/runs to a pass and makes a sheild wall...

Had to!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Staitus
Reaper
Commander
Commander
Reaper

AQW Account
Username: Reaper1995(like you didnt know that)
Level: 34

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:45 pm

Staitus wrote:
SPARTANS!

/runs to a pass and makes a sheild wall...

Had to!

Shield wall eh?...too well grouped together *fires trebuchets into the line up, also having balista's firing at the same time* Had to xD
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:42 pm

Dye wrote:
It means, the more you act like Saint the better your personality is.

Eh, close I suppose... If I were to rate myself with ideal personality, I'd give myself an 80. Saidre is more calm and focused than I am, for example.

The next round is... odd. This is to test your knowledge and ability to research. Ever heard of Sun Tzu and King Henry V of England? Both were great strategists in different ways. One literally wrote the BOOK of tactics and startegy, while the other is known for thinking outside the box and ignoring Europe's most famous code of war in the Middle Ages: Chivalry. In this test, decide who you think will win in a 1 on 1 fight, and give as much detail as you can as to why you think they will win. It doesn't matter who you favor. You can research them both if you wish, and you have unlimited time to complete it. PM your answer, of course.

Your answer will be rated 0-100, and added to your average rating. Winner will be apprentice, should all of the results be wide in range. If all of the results are still relatively close, I will eliminate 3 more people and come up with a final round. Good luck, and have fun!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Staitus
Captain
Captain
Staitus

Position : Head of Tactics and Warfare

AQW Account
Username: Staitus
Level: 100

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:47 pm

Can I sum this up simply?
I really could get this done in a moderately small paragraph.
And It would make sense

Just a double Check too...
Henry v Is the original Henry Tudor, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Staitus
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 pm

Staitus wrote:
Can I sum this up simply?
I really could get this done in a moderately small paragraph.
And It would make sense

Just a double Check too...
Henry v Is the original Henry Tudor, right?

No, thats Henry VII onwards.

Forgot to mention, the battlefield is an open plain, giving neither of them an advantage of terrain.
Back to top Go down
Ergent Seth
Commander
Commander
Ergent Seth

Position : Go figure.

AQW Account
Username: Ergent Seth
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:26 pm

Hello all, I would like to have myself taken off the leaderboard for the Apprenticeship.
I learned something today. Many of Saint's tests is based not only the skill and knowledge of strategy, but also risk taking, and looking at your actions, but most of all: trust.
I've learned so much from watching Saint, he's one of the greatest strategists I've seen so far. Having him trust me to be his lieutenant means that i've learned enough to be nearly equals with him. I've learned enough for now. The time will come when I need to know more.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 9:58 pm

Ergent Seth wrote:
Hello all, I would like to have myself taken off the leaderboard for the Apprenticeship.
I learned something today. Many of Saint's tests is based not only the skill and knowledge of strategy, but also risk taking, and looking at your actions, but most of all: trust.
I've learned so much from watching Saint, he's one of the greatest strategists I've seen so far. Having him trust me to be his lieutenant means that i've learned enough to be nearly equals with him. I've learned enough for now. The time will come when I need to know more.

Not that it matters, but... it isn't much about trust. XD
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Ergent Seth wrote:

Attention whore.
Back to top Go down
Ergent Seth
Commander
Commander
Ergent Seth

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:20 pm

Dye wrote:
Ergent Seth wrote:

Attention whore.

Bitch about it all you want. See who listens.
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Ergent Seth wrote:
Dye wrote:
Ergent Seth wrote:

Attention whore.

Bitch about it all you want. See who listens.

I was bitching? You sir, need to learn the difference between bitching, and giving an opinion. And, you've always been an attention whore. Shall I bring up some reasons? Or will you learn that you have. You admit to mistakes yet you don't change. Your like me, in a sense. I'm stupid, head strong, arrogant, egoclastic, (Probably used that word wrong) and over reactive. But, if there's one thing I do know. It's when to shut up, and just take an insult.

Also, about the listening thing. Want to know something funny? As long as you are here, you have to listen to me. I am your superiour by rank. So, unless you want punishmant, I suggest you keep that in mind Seth. Lot's of people listen to me. Whether they respect me, fear me, or just decide best to listen to what I say for the moment. They listen.

One last thing. I'm also a hypocrite. Thanks for your time.
Back to top Go down
Ergent Seth
Commander
Commander
Ergent Seth

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:34 pm

I must say. Well played sir.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:36 pm

Seth, does this mean you forfeit the entire thing? Keep in mind that the leaderboard is only the top 3(or in this case 4). Icy, Soluna, and Reaper aren't on the leaderboard but still in it to win it. I need to know if you are dropping out completely.

BTW, I moved this to the Contests section, since this is quite obviously a contest at this point.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:38 am

Dye, that speech was positively eloquent. Well done.

Seth, I know what you're talking about. tbh, I would understand it exactly if you used a few less words, and I'm wondering if that's what Dye was getting at, but it was a very good sentiment. I wouldn't call it attention whoring, but it was probably over-elegant. We've known each other as a group for quite some time. We know what you're saying, even when you don't use words. We're good at that kinda thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:42 am

Just want to add that in this test, it would be wise to look into the weapons they had in their respective eras and countries, as well as armor(as for weapons, ignore any large artillery or siege weapons, only things that can be wielded/used by a single man. swords, axes, bows, etc.).
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:43 am

ah, back to history class...

Last edited by oblivion1 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:23 pm

oblivion1 wrote:
Dye, that speech was positively eloquent. Well done.

Seth, I know what you're talking about. tbh, I would understand it exactly if you used a few less words, and I'm wondering if that's what Dye was getting at, but it was a very good sentiment. I wouldn't call it attention whoring, but it was probably over-elegant. We've known each other as a group for quite some time. We know what you're saying, even when you don't use words. We're good at that kinda thing. Wink

The nicer way to put it.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:07 pm

1st test's answers(for fun!):

1. C. Yeah, pretty obvious. It's a nice way to get their attention and even freak them out a bit, without destroying them. Threatening may result in absolutely nothing, declaring war would obviously be going too far, and steal/destroying resources could potentially kill them off...

2. B. This was an odd one. Think of it this way: A good offense is the best defense. This maneuver will force the ENEMY into a defensive position, and if the unit is killed off, that's only a small portion of your military.

3. B. Best to change whatever information is changeable and leave it at that. Sometimes ignoring it is okay, but it isn't always wise to just shrug it off with overconfidence... it COULD spell disaster for you. Sure, you could hunt them down, but it could easily become a potential waste of time and energy searching for them when they could have already "spilled the beans", so to speak. And surrendering is just plain stupid.

4. A OR C. Both work fine. With A, you can avoid damage to the capital and allow citizens and officials to evacuate if need be. Your men will still be fully rested, well-fed and without injury, as they obviously did not have to travel very far. Choosing C allows for traps to easily be set in place to cripple the enemy forces quickly, with the cost of some damage to the capital.

5. C. The ONLY hard part is sneaking in, but even that can be done without too much trouble. Doing this would decimate the enemy. D is ALMOST acceptable, but keep in mind that the enemy only needs a small unit to take out a small unit of yours, so it could just be a waste of time and energy. It all depends on how stupid they are... and that isn't always a risk you can afford to take.

And that's all there is to it!
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:46 am

double post :3 Since Seth hasn't responded yet, I assume he meant he wanted to drop out entirely, so here's an update on the current standings.

1st Place- Saidre

2nd Place- Dye, Staitus

3rd Place- Reaper

4th Place- Soluna

5th Place- Icy

6th Place- Cooldude

Cooldude is back in due to Seth's forfeit.
Back to top Go down
Soluna
Soldier
Soldier
Soluna

AQW Account
Username: soluna crystel
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 am

Saintofdarkness wrote:
Dye wrote:
It means, the more you act like Saint the better your personality is.

Eh, close I suppose... If I were to rate myself with ideal personality, I'd give myself an 80. Saidre is more calm and focused than I am, for example.

The next round is... odd. This is to test your knowledge and ability to research. Ever heard of Sun Tzu and King Henry V of England? Both were great strategists in different ways. One literally wrote the BOOK of tactics and startegy, while the other is known for thinking outside the box and ignoring Europe's most famous code of war in the Middle Ages: Chivalry. In this test, decide who you think will win in a 1 on 1 fight, and give as much detail as you can as to why you think they will win. It doesn't matter who you favor. You can research them both if you wish, and you have unlimited time to complete it. PM your answer, of course.

Your answer will be rated 0-100, and added to your average rating. Winner will be apprentice, should all of the results be wide in range. If all of the results are still relatively close, I will eliminate 3 more people and come up with a final round. Good luck, and have fun!

okay im begging to reserch finally -_- my take a couple more days
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 1:16 am

Take your time Smile I'm just glad someone finally posted XD
Back to top Go down
Soluna
Soldier
Soldier
Soluna

AQW Account
Username: soluna crystel
Level: 32

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:44 am

okay Smile

im resaerching the art of war book and sun tzu right now,
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 pm

This test is officially shut down. There are no winners.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apprenticeship available!   Apprenticeship available! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apprenticeship available!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Contests-
Jump to: