Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection

Go down 
+8
Baronet Turncoat X
Ohzone
Hydra
Felkaranos
Oblivion
Staitus
Dye
Red Blizzard
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

Position : Storyteller/Dictionary/Leader

Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection Empty
PostSubject: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:07 am

A flame was seen above the ruins of Wa-Kia, streaking downwards until it disappeared among the trees. Any children who happened to see it thought that a shooting star was passing by and wished upon it. Moments later, they changed their minds as a gentle earthquake shivered under their feet. The land almost seemed to sigh, as a faint plume of dust and ash was stirred up near the horizon. A sigh seemed to rush through the land, passing through the hills and echoing into the canyons beyond. Mothers hugged their children, families wept together, those without families wept alone. The end had come.

Far away, the end had come indeed, but not the kind of end people were thinking. Wa-Kia had been transformed into a massive crater, great spires of rock jutting out along the rim where the city walls used to be. No building was left standing, anything taller than ten feet tumbling over or falling to pieces. Roads ceased to exist altogether, overturned by bedrock underneath. The last embers were snuffed out, plunging the entire ruin into darkness. All except in one place. At the epicenter of the cataclysm, a ring of swiftly cooling glass splashed outwards from a single flame, floating just above the ground. The flame burned vibrant blue and white, dancing and flickering quietly. Off to one side, another man, clad in only the ragged, blackened ruins of what once were white pants, gazed into the flame, entranced. Priest’s fall had been cushioned by the explosion, and he had tumbled to the ground without much harm. Scrambling to his feet, he could barely remember the events leading up to the crash. Dye’s body had somehow ignited, burning so brightly that he had been utterly blinded. Through the crackling flames, he had barely made out someone’s voice, but had been unable to tell who it was or what they were saying. Then, what was left of Dye’s body slammed into Wa-Kia, and to his blindness he added sudden deafness for a single, bright moment. In the gloom of the fading light, Priest could now see a change overcoming the flame. A familiar shape formed out of the white flames, while a single point coalesced around the blue. Together, the two became a man and a star, burning in mid-air. The flames slowly died out for both, but never really left either of them. Dye’s eyes formed last, burning bright for one moment, then closing as he collapsed onto the ground, unconscious. Over him, Jane’s star necklace gleamed with the last hint of a hidden flame, then landed with a faint ring on Dye’s chest, glowing softly. Priest didn’t bother listening on the conversation between the two of them, instead looking up to the sky where he had last been. To the far west, the moon could be seen, full and brimming with light on the horizon as it set. To the east, the sun was returning, tinting the sky a warm yellow. It had been hanging low in the west when he began the fight. Now, every limb reminded him of what he had been through. No amount of healing could shake the exhaustion from his bones or the fatigue from his mind. Every part of his body had been healed at least once throughout the long, grueling fight. Priest almost wanted to sink to the ground and fall asleep right there. But there were things to be done. Dye would be missed back in Requiem.

Under a swift sunrise and a setting moon, Priest carried Dye back to base. It wasn’t until he reached the doorsteps that he finally collapsed, drained but content. They were both carried to hospital beds to be tended for, placed side-by-side and cared for by what doctors could be convinced to come in the wake of Wa-Kia’s destruction. In the coming days, clans converged to help rebuild the town. Few had actually died during the razing of the city, but those that had were dearly missed. Requiem offered the best it could to atone for what had been done, contributing much to the building of homes for families and buildings in the town center for gathering. Some of the wreckage left behind in the fight was actually incorporated into the new town design. The spikes of stone jutting outwards around the cratered edge of the town became the new town wall, while the ring of glass in the very center was used as the base for a new water fountain, filled with rainwater and simply animated with magic to dance about during the day, and settle down quietly at night. The rest of the city was replanned by architects, becoming a much easier place to walk around and enjoy. People prospered, people were happy.

One night, Dye sat up in his hospital bed, breathing hard, clutching his necklace tightly in one hand. He had been out for seven days. After settling down and looking around, he saw Priest in the bed next to him, reading a book by candlelight. For a moment, Dye just stared, taking in everything, the sights, the smells, the sounds, the feel of fresh linen sheets. Then Priest glanced up at him.

“Welcome back.”

Dye didn’t know what to say. “I should be dead.”

“Well, you’re not.”

“I almost wish I were…” With a sickening jolt, Dye remembered everything. The voice, the violence, the vengeance…

“Well, don’t kill yourself or anything.”

“I don’t expect to. The rest of the clan probably wants me dead anyways.”

“Not at all. Taking into account how you weren’t yourself for the past few months or so, and recalling your past, they’ve taken it easy on you.”

“I don’t want to feel their pity or anything…”

“They don’t pity you. They respect you for who you are, and are still trying to understand what you’ve gone through.”

“Well, I don’t want them to understand.” Dye stood up. He felt dizzy, but he didn’t care. How could they possibly understand…he didn’t have the words to explain.

“Lie down, you’re not fully recovered yet. And besides, everyone else is sleeping.”

“Tell me why I’m not dead.”

“Sometime later, when you’re ready.”

“Tell me NOW!” Dye kicked over his bed, sending mattress and pillow flying. Priest sighed and closed his book. Then he sat up and pointed straight at the blue star still clutched in Dye’s fist. Dye looked down.

“Jane?” Priest nodded, and began to find the book page he had been reading.

“If you don’t want to live for your own sakes, that’s fine. But we need you. Other people need you. Live for their sakes. Live for Jane’s sake.” Dye couldn’t come up with a response worth saying, and busied himself putting the bed back in order. Priest went back to reading.

Far away, under the moonlight waters of the lake, something shifted. Not quite a person, but what was left, the body was swept upwards from the lakebed by a change in the tide. It drifted through clouded pillars of moonlight, hardly recognizable any more, as it was sucked down towards the entrance to a river. With a gesture of longing, the body’s head turned towards the castle. But then, it looked forward. She left no regrets behind, no grudges. The events, though untold, were not unknown to her. And she was almost glad they happened, glad that nobody died, but everyone realized how valuable they were. Even if it meant the loss of a few good souls to prove a point. The body glanced down at a former neighbor, who shifted restlessly along the lakebed. Then she looked forward. She wasn’t really dead. Not when there was so much life still before her. New places to see, new people to meet. And beyond, the vast ocean, unseen by anyone above water. For that was life. Not the footprint left in the sand, washed away with the next tide, but the footprints yet to be made on pristine, untouched beaches far from where one stood. Death was no barrier. The body made it to the river’s beginning, then was whisked away. No, even death was no barrier. Megan’s body drifted downstream.

Spes est vires.

Hope is power.
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

Position : Head of Internal Affairs and Discipline

AQW Account
Username:
Level:
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:19 am

Lol. still raging 5 minutes after waking up. xD Still. Nice little remeberance thing for Megan. So, hows the third book gonna go down? Same as this one? Or just red? like the original?
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 am

XD that's my question as well. I've heard Felk won't be writing, and we don't have Fire to start things off any more...that leaves Saint and Dye, possibly others just stretching their fingers for the first time...but I've already got plans for the next story.
Back to top Go down
Staitus
Captain
Captain
Staitus

Position : Head of Tactics and Warfare

AQW Account
Username: Staitus
Level: 100
Upgrade?: Yes

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 am

Since I'll be here since the beggining,
I'll be more then willing to lend a hand In the new one....
I do have a rather...
Interesting, plot for myself....
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Staitus
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 am

When did Fire leave? O.o
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Kraton
Staitus
Captain
Captain
Staitus

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:37 am

He just faded out?
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:04 pm

Lol. Someone poured water on him I think.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account
Username: Boomfus6
Level: Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:04 pm

I'd like to write a few chapters, have a few ideas. Maybe I can finally be introduced!!!!
Back to top Go down
Staitus
Captain
Captain
Staitus

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:05 pm

I was introduced...
A chapter or two before Reds finalie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:18 pm

So I heard.....but the third book would be pretty cool to put a necro in!
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:29 pm

Felkaranos wrote:
Lol. Someone poured water on him I think.

I laughed so hard at that. xD
Back to top Go down
Ohzone
Soldier
Soldier
Ohzone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Great chap and intro me in next story possibly and hmmm I would write some if it comes to that.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

So my plea to be in the next storyline is yet once again ignored? CMON!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Boom. A good writer never reveals anything. Keep them for suprises.
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Well, I know that. I might not be a necromancer....who knows? Anyways, I want to introduce my character, not somebody else. o.o
Back to top Go down
Ohzone
Soldier
Soldier
Ohzone

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:04 pm

I want someone else to introduce me I want to see how they feel about my powers and how they would use them and not Boom as he already did that XD
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:53 am

Ohzone wrote:
I want someone else to introduce me I want to see how they feel about my powers and how they would use them and not Boom as he already did that XD

Hope I did a good job......XD!!!! Anyways, anyone can write the 2nd or 3rd chapter. Then I will introduce mahself in!
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:06 pm

I'll start on the next prologue when I have time. I've got different plans for where the story is going to go this round.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Yeah I had some plans too XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier
Hydra

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:31 pm

And I have some plans too!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Wonder when it is...
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:48 pm

I have plans! To sit and wait. and nag.
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 am

I have a plan. And it involves putting my sister into the story.
Back to top Go down
Icy Feather
Knight
Knight

AQW Account
Username: Icy Feather
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 am

Well, my plans are quite boring -.-
The story was epic, I only got to read it now.

Anyways I hope the next book isn't gonna be the last
Back to top Go down
megan 3
Soldier
Soldier
megan 3

AQW Account
Username: Megan 3
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 am

Megan’s body drifted downstream.

Thanks Red /Very Happy\

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection   Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chapter The Last: Epilogue: Resurrection
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next