Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eighteen:Hindsight

Go down 
+4
Raf
Red Blizzard
Dye
Baronet Turncoat X
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Eighteen:Hindsight Empty
PostSubject: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:04 am

Chapter Eighteen-Hindsight

Back in Castle Requiem, the small garrison kept watch. It was dark, even with the full moon. Fire was busy

entertaining himself with his new butterfly knife, flipping and tossing it about, waiting for his shift to start.

Of course, he needn't have to worry, anyone short of Lizargeco himself or maybe the Chaos Leigion can break through

the first line of defense, Priest. And by some unholy miracle they manage to kill Priest, there was always Angel,

who stayed to protect the castle.But they needed to be careful anyway. A small bolt of lightning. /Took him long

enough/, thought an impatient Fire, seeing the signal for the change of the guard. It was finally his turn to watch

the gates. He climbed up the stairs, passing Icy on the way. "Any changes?", Fire asked. "No, but lets be carefull

anyway", answered Icy. Fire was now on the top of the gatehouse. He took his position and started his watch.

Meanwhile, Priest, meditating a few yards behind the gatehouse, was still slightly reeling from shock from what

happened. Nobody could blame him though, his sister just died, and the clan was rapidly torn apart,leaving only

leaving a fraction of what was. Priest re-analysed the situation systematically. First, what were his current

needs? He needed to protect the castle. He needed to keep the people in it secure. He needed to keep what was left

of the clan togther. After that, he evaluated his tools to meet his needs. There were the stone walls and the

strategic placement of the tower. After that, there was him, though he was too humble to admit it, one of the

strongest and most skilled clan leaders in the business, not including his impossible healing powers and hellishly

efficient fighting style. There was Angel, who was exponentially more powerful, who could not only hold his own

against all the captains all at once (and win), and can even go toe to toe with Lizargeco himself. Then there was

Fire, whos knowledge of the extremely versitile art of Rune Magic ,his equally versitile martial arts and weapons

skill, and his tacticts and strategy, while slightly rusty from his sentence in the Cipher Dimension, is still

almost second to none. And after that still was Icy. Priest always had an eye for talent, and the boy was filled

with it. He had potential, however, he was sorely inexperienced and aggravatingly overconfident. However, they

devised a plan that dealt with that efficiently and his overconfidence was no longer a problem. The others left

with Blizzard and Saint to perform the rescue manuever.

Icy was in the training room practicing his swordplay. The poor training pole was still suffering after a full two

days after the humiliating defeat....

Two Days earlier

Angel was taking his sweet time in bed. Unfortunately he was in for a VERY rude awakening. The beautiful glass

katana he had managed to find on the Wa-Kia market was nearly shattered in to pieces when somebody just decided to

barge in and nearly knock the door off his hinges"ANGEL!!! I DEMAND a challenge", Icy yelled at the top of his

lungs once inside. His challenge was answered with a flying schythe and a small fleet of throwing needles.

Edvin, who had been most unfortunate to come across the scene while walking by, narrowly dodged a hailstorm of

nedles and a scythe which had caused a massive crack in the wall.

A few hours later, Angel, Priest, Saint, and Blizzard met in the conference room adjacent to the main office.

Tacticts were drawn , plans were made, and Saint and Blizzard exited the room, leaving Priest and Angel alone in

the room. "Is there a problem Angel?", Priest asked.

Angel spoke up."As the matter of fact, there is. Your clan member, Icy, was it? Hes very arrogant and

overconfident. If he keeps up like this, he may become the next Uzumaki. Just earlier, he kicked down my door and

demanded a challenge."

Priest smiled."You still have your claymore right?" Angel nodded, confused. "Ï have any idea to humble him

thoroughly..."

A few hours later in the courtyard, Angel, hood up, wing probably hidden under his cloak, and Icy, in full battle

armor, were facing off. Angel drew his thin silver claymore. Icy being arrogant as he was, he charged onto Angel,

splitting his sword into two. Angel parried the blow easily. Lighting surged from Icy's eyes. A flash of light from

Angel's hands and the world found itself moving in slow motion. Angel blocked Icy's lighting with his sword.

Another bright flash of light and time caught up, but Angel was doing a strange move. It appeared that Angel was

hovering towards Icy, leaving after-images to confuse him. Unfortunately for Icy, the technique worked without a

hitch. Angel was now landing blow after merciless blow, only to be blocked desperately by Icy.

Icy countered with a large blast of lighting, knocking Angel of his feet. Angel preformed a one-handed handstand

and flipped into a standing position. The bolt was strong, sure, but nothing Saint couldn't match efortlessly. Now,

Icy put his two swords together and began his counterassault on Angel. Angel easily parried, used a complicated

sword manuever, and disarmed Icy. Icy was only dodging narrowly slash after slash after slash.

Edvin, noticing the fighting style , finally found out what was bugging him throughout the fight. /That fighting

style/, Edvin thought./Theres only one clan that practiced that fighting style, and it was long gone. That along

with the flashes in his hands... / Deep in thought, Edvin had not seen the outcome of the battle.

A sweeping kick swept Icy off his feet.

"Yield", a voice said, most certainly not Angel, pointing the claymore at Icy's throat.

"Hang on.", Icy said. "Your not Angel."

'Angel' took off his hood and cloak, reavealing a similar white, black and blue hood and cloak, minus the

embelishments the former had to look like the Reaper himself, red hair, electric blue eyes, and an expressionless

face.

"Fire!", Icy yelled indignatly.

"That is correct."

"But why?", Icy questioned.

"Because Im the second best claymore user in the clan, next to Oblivion, but since he's participating in the plan,

Angel asked me to fill in."

"I couldnt defeat you...and those were my...", Icy started, shocked.

"Best moves? Exactly. The lesson we tried to teach you is to spend less time breaking down peoples doors and more

time in the training room."

Present time

Icy stopped recouting the event, and doubled his current efforts on the poor training dummy.

Meanwhile, on the gatehouse, Fire faintly spotted three distinctive shadows. Two were Werewolf, Fire was sure,

albeit one was winged. The other one was in a suit of heavy armor, with a battleaxe and a longsword on his back,

and had what appeared to be giving off massive amounts of Cipher Energy. Fire could spot those a mile away due to

his experience in the Cipher Dimension. This could mean one thing...Skete was back for retribution.

Authors note:Sorry this took so long to post. I said before that my Internet turns on and off every so often and it

took DAYS for the mechanic people to fix it this time. The problems from the spacing is from my usage of notepad.

My internet is, as I said, going on and off, and I might not have enough time to edit it to fit the page. Once

again sorry.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness
Level: 35
Upgrade?: Yes

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 am

Ummm... Not to come off as rude, but... WTF?! You basically made all of the captains weak and insignificant. Angel beating all of the Captains at once? No way in hell he'd be able to. Nathan and I are level 30, dye is level 29, and angel is still level 20 because he quit playing a long time ago. I'm not saying level is everything, but that big difference... It's obvious he wouldn't win.

YOU are second to none in strategy? Again, not to come off as rude or insulting, but from what I recall, the only thing you ever do in discussions of strategy is argue, pushing the impossible as if it is the best and most logical action to take. I'm not saying I'm second to none, but you certainly aren't. You basically pushed your ego almost up to Priest's level of power in this story, and turned the Captains into weak little insignificant characters that have no importance at all... This chapter insults at the very least 5 people, probably much more, as those of your rank would likely find it outrageous too.

Fire, I do not hate you. But you need to be careful about what you put into these chapters. Everyone is equal in this story, in different ways.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

Position : Head of Internal Affairs and Discipline

AQW Account
Username:
Level:
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:30 am

Couldn't even understand it. Your layout was confusing and the overall story seems.... well. Quite irrelivant. (To say the LEAST)
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

Position : Storyteller/Dictionary/Leader

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:58 am

Awww, come on guys, it wasn't that bad. He described Icy's character fairly well, and set up what could have been a great chapter. Just the facts were off, and the flow was a little confusing. In the end though, the chapter could have been better, could have been worse.
Back to top Go down
Raf
Soldier
Soldier
Raf

Position : Nothing really..

AQW Account
Username: PriestOfLight12
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:56 am

Let's all relax, and drink a cup of coffee.
Back to top Go down
http://fb.com/rafdelatorre
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:19 pm

Red Blizzard wrote:
Awww, come on guys, it wasn't that bad. He described Icy's character fairly well, and set up what could have been a great chapter. Just the facts were off, and the flow was a little confusing. In the end though, the chapter could have been better, could have been worse.

It's completly irrelevant! And why is Angel coming back into so many of these chapters? He's not apart of Requiem. What are we doing here? I guess i'm writing 20. Just give me... two weeks till i can get on my main CPU. Ugh....
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 12:27 pm

well, let's simply put this up in the 'stretching of truth' section. actually, fire, i thought it was quite a good chapter...and it was nice to see icy get pwned. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Kraton
Ohzone
Soldier
Soldier
Ohzone

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:14 pm

LMAO that was good writing you had well Icy was good but erhhm......idk good-ish Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:52 am

sorry but making the caps look weak, But in my defense, In the story (the requiem story) Angel beat down a leigion of hundreds or maybe thousands (the number was vague) without a scratch, but the same legion nearly killed Blizz (blizzz had support) and Priest. (separately, but they made a dent in their forces.) Plus in chapter 10, was it (this story)? I put that thing that Angel is one of the fundemental individuals that will make a mark on history, being one of the four forces, extra points for being the force of death. As for me being good at tactics, I got bored and I tend to mess up when that happens. To my defense of that, in storyline cannon. I was leader of a clan notorious in using one of the harder, albeit versatile magics, plus they were versed in swordplay, the usage of both simultaneously requiring serious tactics and knowledge, otherwise your screwed. To prove my point in this, try drawing a complicated symbol in the air, while using a sword, in light armor to fend of any number of opponents without getting a scratch. About the quality, Im really sorry, and I have nothing to defend myself with there, as I had ample time, but serious writers block.
Back to top Go down
Raf
Soldier
Soldier
Raf

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:52 am

Nah, it's no big deal.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 pm

It's alright. It just seemed a bit too... off-balance. I'd be okay with you saying that Angel can beat 2 or 3 Captains in a fight and win, but let's face it. All 5? I mean, Dye is supposed to be a major enemy now. If he's so amazingly powerful... then we have NOTHING to worry about. Goodbye plot o.O That legion he wiped out weren't strong individually, and wasn't Angel on a horse? That gives a HUGE advantage, making it a bit more likely to beat even a couple hundred. If you said that you were one of(see that? Nice and vague. Could be the best, or 3rd best. Nobody could say for sure) the best of all strategists and tacticians. This way, any character has room for development as a strategist, and it could work out later on in the story as another conflict. Maybe another mysterious tactician emerges...? *DUN DUN DUNNNNN*

All in all, you at least put up another Chapter here to keep us occupied, and you tried. Just chalk this one up as a rough day. :3 I'll take care of 19 in about a day or two. Got some awesome ideas ^_^
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm the non-tactician! Leading a small group, consisting of some resurrected humans and a were-angel, but without any tactics...
Back to top Go down
Raf
Soldier
Soldier
Raf

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:47 pm

Reminds me...where is Holy?

BTW..Saint vs Nathan anyone?
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:52 pm

I've already done one... Sad
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:34 pm

I still have Red Vs. Sisters. Just not anytime soon. Razz
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Priest wrote:

I'm taking care of it :3 It'll be as epic as I can make it. Won't ever compare to Blizz though.
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Nobody take Jake. I've got something special for him.
Back to top Go down
Dye
Captain
Captain
Dye

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:43 pm

...XD Can't wait for that!!!!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 pm

preist wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------

well i had to be away a while due to dramanic events that happened in my life but im back and ill post. Smile
Back to top Go down
Icy Feather
Knight
Knight

AQW Account
Username: Icy Feather

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:20 pm

Is the story approved? Or not? Captains decide?
Back to top Go down
Red Blizzard
Leader
Leader
Red Blizzard

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Oh, there's no doubt, this chapter is legitimate. It's just not the best we've ever seen. The storyline holds true as far as I can tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eighteen:Hindsight   Eighteen:Hindsight I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eighteen:Hindsight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Stories :: Requiem: Perspectives-
Jump to: