Share | 

Kingdoms of Old: The Background

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Merci
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:13 pm

This is a bit of background for what Kingdoms of Old was. I'm making this topic because I plan on bringing KoO into Requiem. However, by doing so, I'm expecting at least three active players. If I can't get that? Not worth it. But I think I can achieve it, I'm putting some trust into you guys.

Kingdoms of old, or KoO, was probably the second most successful interactive game in the history of GoD. That being said, the first was obvious Vampiel's Dreams and Nightmares series. KoO was everything I wanted DnN to be, and more. It was the eight-month running sum of every idea I'd had while playing DnN. But when those ideas ran out at the end of those eight months, there was nothing else I could do. But the players wanted more.

It gradually went downhill from there, until some months later, when I made the game, TLS, a game lightly related to the events of Kingdoms of Old. It went smoothly, ended nicely, players mutually satisfied for the moment. Now, I plan on doing that again, only better. TLS was what I call "filler", I've been waiting to release the real thing for months on end.

The original players are the most troublesome about it xD. The installments I've made have never quite lived up to their expectations, which is the only real problem. However, I've come to realize that more than a couple of my players (I had about a dozen) are just the average asshole, and should not be listened to on serious account of the game.

The game itself, as I said, ran for eight or nine months on a single topic basis, making it one of the longest running games in history. By my count and the count of two other plays (Who I had help), the total installment ran nearly one hundred thirty sessions, and by remembrance, I ran one to three a day. Harsh on the mind, let me tell ya.

In terms of playability, the game itself was free-for-all with a loose storyline that was followed no matter the actions taken. it was like making side quests that effect the main story line. Imagine one string, taking that string and pulling gently at the threads that make it up, until it looks like a huge tree. That tree would be my game. There were many map installments that made up the area of play. This included many kingdoms and factions that made up two continents, and then one "treasure" island, no reference to the book. xD

So, now that I plan on bringing it back, I'm hoping I can get a nice sum of players from the populace of Requiem. I'd also like to get some feedback from old players or maybe those who played TLS. I know that this was a major GoD installment, and that many of you probably haven't heard of it, that's part of the reason why I want to bring it here. For the old players, it will remain the same. For the new? Get ready for one hell of a ride.

Heaven ain't close in a place like this
Don't hate us 'cause we fabulous~ ;D!
Code:
A quick word and a couple long sentences, suddenly you have seventy percent of all the people you know ready to do what you want. The other thirty? There are always skeptics. What my allies have realized is my tactics, what they haven't realized is how to use them. That is because this art specializes in me as I synthesize with it. This role is my own. So bad news, allies, you can't use it. You'll never be me.
Back to top Go down
Staitus
Captain
Captain

Position : Head of Tactics and Warfare

AQW Account
Username: Staitus
Level: 100
Upgrade?: Yes

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Me, Reaper, Dye, probably Red....

There's four players right of the bat.
I think its worth it.

Also, TLS?
Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Staitus
Soluna
Soldier
Soldier

AQW Account
Username: soluna crystel
Level: 32
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:19 pm

mmm sounds fun, cant wait to try it Smile
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos
Level: 35
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:20 pm

I'll play, but time zones are evil.

The hero of time
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Commander
Commander

AQW Account
Username: Reaper1995(like you didnt know that)
Level: 34

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Ja ja

“The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.”
Back to top Go down
Hydra
Soldier
Soldier

AQW Account
Username: Boomfus6
Level: Wouldn't you like to know?

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:46 pm

I'll play ^_^

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Reserver. ~ UDDS
Back to top Go down
Merci
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm

LSD wrote:
Reserver. ~ UDDS
UDDS, my fucktarded son, this isn't the game topic. xD

Code:
A quick word and a couple long sentences, suddenly you have seventy percent of all the people you know ready to do what you want. The other thirty? There are always skeptics. What my allies have realized is my tactics, what they haven't realized is how to use them. That is because this art specializes in me as I synthesize with it. This role is my own. So bad news, allies, you can't use it. You'll never be me.
Back to top Go down
Staitus
Captain
Captain

Position : Head of Tactics and Warfare

AQW Account
Username: Staitus
Level: 100

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Indeed it isn't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Staitus
Merci
Soldier
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

The game itself is up, so I think I'll use this topic for updates. Anyways, I plan to hold the first session either tonight or tomorrow morning, clan time. Try your best to be there if you plan on playing =D

Code:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Old: The Background   

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Old: The Background
Page 1 of 1