Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG

Go down 
+3
Nef
Reaper
Baronet Turncoat X
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness
Level: 35
Upgrade?: Yes

End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG Empty
PostSubject: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:38 am

A new game I created on a whim. :3 This game has some references to Dusk of Dylsius(similar classes, same nations, same stat growth system, etc), my first game that actually took off. It failed mostly due to other games pushing it out of the way. It had great potential, so I have no regrets. Anyway, I digress. There are some MAJOR differences however. This is a competitive IG, with little focus on role-play, and more focus on strategy, teamwork, and action. I have NEVER held a session before, so it'll probably start off a bit awkward and atypical, perhaps a bit too rigid, but bear with me, and it will eventually prove to be a fun game for anyone!

This competitive game is rather complex; first, let's talk about how sessions will play out:

Nation Battles:

Battles between nations, pretty obvious. Some nations have alliances, for example, Sayd and Kratiris. They cannot fight against each other, but they CAN work together. So, if you've chosen your nation as Sayd, and there are those from Kratiris in a session with you, you can work together! If one side is grossly outnumbered, the disadvantaged side gets the first chance to make a move, and will even get an advantage in positioning and surroundings, to give them a fair chance to win.

Alliances can change over time, and quite randomly, so keep an eye out for it! If you don't, you may wind up getting stabbed in the back by someone you think is a friend.

There will be a leaderboard for the top 5 players!

Nation Battle Rules:

You can be creative with spells, attacks, and whatever you want to do with nearby tools, resources, and your environment, but PLEASE keep it realistic enough. For example, if you're a mage, you can't just summon a giant tidal wave to decimate every single enemy in one fell swoop. Since doing so will require a ridiculous amount of energy in real life, it will in this game as well, too much for anyone to handle. Please keep it in moderation. :3

If you "die", and your nation/ally wins the session, you will automatically be brought back to life. However, if you "die", and your side LOSES, there will be a 10% chance of character deletion. Every dead character will get a separate roll to ensure that at least some will survive. It's only a 10% chance so it's not a high chance. Those who SURVIVE a session, and win, will have a 1 in 3 chance of levelling up.

All obvious rules during sessions for any game apply. Be respectful, don't whine if you lose, don't complain if I deny your action(if you have a problem with it, POLITELY talk to me about it after the session), don't cry about your character being deleted. It's only a game. :3

Faction Battles:

Some who participate in this game will be given the right to form their own faction! Anyone can join an existing faction, and faction leaders can form alliances with other factions, regardless of nation! Faction battles can only be requested by a faction leader, and the opposing faction leader(s) must agree to it. Character deletion does not apply to Faction Battles. There is something at stake, however, as Faction Battles can separate the best from the rest! There will be 2 leaderboards for the top 3 factions, one based on win/loss ratio, the other based on average kill/death ratio of individual faction members.

Winning team will have a 1 in 6 chance of levelling up, even those players that have fallen.

Faction Battle Rules:

Same old general rules for all sessions for all games.

Nations:

Sayd: Slight speed and intellect growth rate boost. Allied with Kratiris and Bobaba.

Garis: Slight strength and Endurance growth rate boost. Allied with Ellwyn Empire.

Kratiris: VERY slight growth rate boost for all stats. Allied with Sayd.

Ellwyn Empire: Slight Defense and Endurance growth rate boost. Allied with Garis.

Ellwyn Port: Moderate Defense stat growth boost. Currently no Allies.

Loan Islands: Slight Intellect and Wisdom growth rate boost. Currently no Allies.

Din Republic: Moderate Wisdom stat growth boost. Allied with Bobaba.

Kalia Republic: Moderate Strength stat growth boost. Allied with Bobaba.

Bobaba: Moderate Speed growth rate boost. Allied with Din, Kalia and Sayd.

Stats:

Strength- Dictates the amount of physical damage you deal. Useless for most casters.
Wisdom- Dictates the amount of magical damage you deal. Useless for most melee classes.
Endurance- How long you'll live... Also connected directly to mana(the more Endurance, the more mana you have to use).
Defense- Increases your resistance to physical attacks, as well as improving blocking ability(If allowed).
Intellect- Increases your resistance to magical attacks, as well as counter-attacks.
Speed- Increases your movement speed, attacking speed, and ability to dodge(If allowed).

Classes:

No matter what class you pick, you may only use ONE weapon and armor type of your choice, depending on what weapons and armors are useable by that class. Once you choose, you can NEVER switch to a different weapon, so be sure to scroll down and check the weapon list later.(does not apply to ballistae, cannons, and trebuchets)

Knight- A strong melee class, with impressive defenses. It focuses heavily on protecting others. They are very devoted to their cause.

Weapons- Dagger, Sword, Longsword, Axe, Lance

Armor- Heavy Armor, Light Armor

Restrictions- Can only use defensive maneuvers to protect allies, and basic melee attacks.

Berserker- A VERY strong melee class, but slow and clumsy. These enraged warriors strike fear in the hearts of even the toughest men. They are hardly even human.

Weapons- Longsword, Axe

Armor- Clothing, Light Armor

Restrictions- Limited mostly to direct attacks.

Scout- quick, agile, but physically very weak and not very skilled in direct combat. They are a reliable asset to a team, as their range of vision is far superior to any other class. They are also very quiet and can keep themselves hidden.

Weapons- Dagger, Sword, Ballista, Trebuchet

Restrictions- cannot instigate a fight. However, they can engage in a fight started by another player, and can assassinate enemy players if they get behind them.

Sniper- Agile and accurate. They can attack from long-range, but cannot fight or retaliate in melee range. While they may lack melee potential, they are useful in teams, capable of providing support and cover-fire.

Weapons- Shortbow, Longbow, Crossbow, Cannon, Ballista, Trebuchet

Restrictions- Cannot attack in close range. They can still dodge or block.

Paladin- Paladins are heavily armored units with excellent defenses. They are mounted on horseback, so their mobility is excellent as well, and can even use basic supportive(healing) magic. However, they are quite weak physically.

Weapons- Sword, Axe, Staff

Armor- Light Armor, Heavy Armor

Restrictions- Cannot block or dodge.

Mage- A balanced class that utilizes the power of all four of the elements. A nice, simple class if you prefer action over planning.

Weapons- Staff, Rod, Cannon, Ballista, Trebuchet

Armor- Clothing, Robes

Restrictions- Can only use the four elements of nature: Wind, Water, Earth, and Fire.

Warlock- Without a doubt the most powerful class in the game, but costly in a team. Warlocks are so powerful, they cannot fully control their spells, thus easily hurting or killing their comrades, and sometimes even themselves.

Weapons- Staff, Axe, Lance

Armor- Light Armor, Heavy Armor

Restrictions- Can only use offensive magic, likely to harm friendlies or self.

Illusionist- A mysterious class that inflicts various debuffing effects with it's odd spells. Offensive spells are limited to basic non-elemental magic.

Weapons- Rod, Trebuchet

Armor- Clothing, Robes

Restrictions- Cannot instigate a fight, but can engage in one started by anyone else.

Shaman- An opposite to Illusionists, Shamans focus on casting spells to buff their allies and themselves. They can only use basic physical attacks to deal damage, but their buffs can raise physical attack power a bit, so it isn't a huge disadvantage.

Weapons- Sword, Rod, Ballista

Armor- Clothing, Robes

Restrictions- Cannot use offensive magic.

Priest- Healers of sorts, with excellent defensive and supportive spells. Offensive magic is limited entirely to the Light attribute.

Weapons- Rod, Ballista, Trebuchet

Armor- Clothing, Robes

Restrictions- Cannot block OR dodge. It CAN buff it's own Defense stat, however.

Artisan- Skilled craftsmen and smiths that create new weapons, armors, tools, pretty much anything factions and nations need. Ironically, even the best Artisans are incapable of fighting, yet may be needed in the midst of battle to repair broken cannons, walls, towers, etc. Weapons and armors used by individual players(swords, lances, Robes, Heavy Armor, etc) are automatically created for everyone in their Nation/faction by request.

Weapons- None

Armor- Clothing

Restrictions- Cannot fight, but can block and dodge.

Crafting Tier-- Lv1: Can work with clay, stone, bronze, cotton, flax, leather, and oak lumber, Lv5: Can work with Iron, wool, hard leather, and maple lumber, Lv10: Can work with Steel, silk, and mahogany lumber, Lv20: Can work with Gold, Silver, gemstones.

Weapons/Tools:

Here is a list of Weapons and tools Artisans can make! All tools(Ballistae, Cannons, Walls, etc, must be requested to be made by the Artisan(s) via PM. I'll then provide them with an ETA of when the tool(s) will be completed)

Dagger- Quick, precise melee weapon, very short range, very weak. Made with metal.

Sword- Balanced melee weapon, no major advantages or disadvantages. Made with metal.

Longsword- Well-balanced melee weapon with a good reach. Bit slower than it's Sword counterpart. Made with metal.

Lance- Long reach melee weapon with great power and excellent versatility. Bit on the slow side. Made with metal.

Axe- Slow, and inaccurate, but an exceedingly powerful melee weapon. Made with metal.

Shortbow- Quick reload time, accurate. Short range. Made with lumber and flax.

Longbow- Slower reload time than Shortbow, but is accurate and has a long firing range. Made with lumber and flax.

Crossbow- Incredibly slow reload time, but very accurate and powerful, with a firing range almost equivalent to ballistae. Made with lumber, metal, and flax.

Rod- A metal scepter used by supportive casters. Made with metal, gemstones(optional), and silver(optional).

Staff- A wooden weapon used by combative casters. Made with lumber, gemstones(optional), and silver(optional).

Clothing- Has no defensive purpose. Made from cotton, wool, or silk.

Robes- Slight defensive use, but negligible. Made from cotton, wool, or silk.

Light armor- Moderate defensive use without impeding movement. Made from leathers.

Heavy armor- Excellent defense, but impedes movement. Made from metal.

Ballista- Basically a giant crossbow, it's accurate, has an incredible range, and is relatively easy to fix in most cases. However, it doesn't have much destructive power. It is best to use multiple ballistae against infantry rather than firing them at walls, towers, etc. Made with lumber, metal, wool(requires rope), and flax.

Cannon- An excellent weapon to smash walls, towers, forts, whatever you aim it at! Great range, accuracy, and RIDICULOUS power! However, it takes a long time to make, it is difficult to fix(impossible in some cases) and takes a long time to load and take aim compared to Ballistae. Made with lumber and metal.

Trebuchet- An effective, accurate and long-range catapult! It's easy to load whatever you want to throw(stones, cannonballs, heads, whatever), it's fast, has decent destructive power... Great weapon! It takes a very long time to make one, and repairs can be a bitch. Made with lumber and wool(requires rope)

Wall- Made of clay or stone, walls can be an excellent way to protect your forces! You can make them as big and as thick as you want, but the bigger you want it, the longer it will take to make it! As long as a wall hasn't been destroyed, it can stay there for future sessions, and can be fortified in the future as well. Made with clay or stone.

Tower- Both a defensive and offensive structure, Snipers and Mages can hide inside the tower, while attacking through slits in the tower walls. Just like walls, you can choose whatever dimensions you want, but keep in mind it will take longer the bigger and more complex it is! Towers aren't as resilient as Walls, but they act as allied players when completed, making it possible to provide defense buffs to your towers! Made with clay or stone.

Spear Wall- Easy to make, just requires a bunch of spears. Stick them in the ground, facing away from your wall or tower, slowing down enemy players from trying to take over! Extra effective against Paladins. Making them is easy, and thus fast, and fixing is as simple as replacing broken spears! Made from lances.

Resources are in infinite supply with the exception of gold, silver, and gemstones, which are only awarded on random occasions.

Sheet Format:

Name: (character name goes here)
Level: (starts at 1, max is 20)
Class: (class chosen goes here)
Faction: (If you made a faction, add in the Faction name, with a comma, followed by "Leader". If you only joined one, just add in Faction name)
Nation: (chosen nation goes here)

Stats: (all start at 0)
Str- 0
Wis- 0
End- 0
Def- 0
Int- 0
Spd- 0

Weapon/Armor: (your chosen weapon type and armor type goes here. use of tools does not apply as they are field weapons)

What it looks like:

Name: Saint
Level: 1
Class: Sniper
Faction: Super Special Awesomeness
Nation: Sayd

Stats:
Str- 0
Wis- 0
End- 0
Def- 0
Int- 0
Spd- 0

Weapon/Armor: Longbow, Light armor

***If you wish to create a faction, please wait a while. I need to decide number of factions allowed relative to number of players. When the time comes, you can PM me with a faction request, with the Faction's name and requirements(classes, nations, level requirement, whatever you like)

Have fun guys :3

Last edited by Essence of Darkness on Sun May 15, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 2:40 am

Reserved for Leaderboards
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Reaper
Commander
Commander
Reaper

AQW Account
Username: Reaper1995(like you didnt know that)
Level: 34

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:58 pm

Ohai?
Back to top Go down
Nef
Commander
Commander
Nef

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Anti-Reaper wrote:
Ohai?
Back to top Go down
Orthrus
Soldier
Soldier
Orthrus

AQW Account
Username: Gia Monic
Level: One Million and Six!

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:34 am

Death wrote:
Anti-Reaper wrote:
Ohai?
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:06 am

Orthrus wrote:
Death wrote:
Anti-Reaper wrote:
Ohai?
Back to top Go down
G.I.G.A.
Knight
Knight
G.I.G.A.

AQW Account
Username: GIGA2
Level: 34
Upgrade?: No

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:15 am

Prometheus wrote:
Orthrus wrote:
Death wrote:
Anti-Reaper wrote:
Ohai?
Back to top Go down
Shadow The Hedgehog
Knight
Knight
Shadow The Hedgehog

AQW Account
Username:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:15 am

G.I.G.A. wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
Orthrus wrote:
Death wrote:
Anti-Reaper wrote:
Ohai?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG   End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of Dreams- Requiem's Competitive IG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Interactive Games-
Jump to: