Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Head Designer?

Go down 
+2
Gammarai
Baronet Turncoat X
6 posters

who SHOULD be Head Designer(if approved)?
Chelon
Head Designer? I_vote_lcap17%Head Designer? I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
James
Head Designer? I_vote_lcap33%Head Designer? I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Skull
Head Designer? I_vote_lcap50%Head Designer? I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

Position : Relic of the Past

AQW Account
Username: Saintofdarkness
Level: 35
Upgrade?: Yes

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:02 am

lately, ive seen a lot of great effort from a few people, offering us new buttons, rank images, and now even achievement images! the idea of having a head designer hasn't been approved, but IF it were, who should take the position? discuss, and vote. ^_^

oh, and a designers group might be useful...
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Saintofdarkness
Gammarai
Soldier
Soldier
Gammarai

AQW Account
Username: Gammarai
Level: 34

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:13 am

I'd so go for the Design team e.e

~Gam
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Captain
Captain
Oblivion

Position : Gravedigger

AQW Account
Username:
Level:
Upgrade?: No

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 12:24 pm

I like the idea of a design team. If these three are willing to do so on top of GoD.

Last edited by Oblivion on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.aq.com/aw-character.asp?id=Kraton
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm

I can't choose. They all have made good stuff, but different things.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Damn, got here a but to late. But, I'd say James. He made the toolbar, after all, and no offense Chel or Skull, but it looks a hell of a lot harder to do. xD
Back to top Go down
Jameska
Soldier
Soldier
Jameska

AQW Account
Username: Darth James
Level: 9001

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Requiem members, believe it or not, Skull was already chosen to make the GoD site, but gave up, as too much of a load was placed on him. I wasn't consulted about this vote, and I doubt he was, so the disappointment may repeat. He would be perfect for custom ranks and maybe a concept on a new logo.

As for Chelon, if it's not pre-made, he cannot do it. He can edit like a beast, put a character on a background and place the perfect combination of brushes and effects, but that talent is the kind you need for sig making, not site-designing. The ranks look like they took about... 13-29 clicks to create. He would fit best for a new banner, and a background.

Also, I designed the GoD site with Liz and Van, and I handled everything image-wise. I know you're in the whole "we're becoming too much like GoD" stage, so I would not recommend myself either. Though I have the whole "happy medium" status, I would have too much inspiration from what I wanted to do to the GoD site. Bad idea, you have your own morals. I could only be trusted with the Nav buttons, Forum buttons and the Logo/Favicon.

Which, in conclusion, I propose we make it a team effort, so it can be "by the clan" and not by an individual. I also think that if we make it a team effort, Dye, Saint, and the other admins should be the only ones to see WIP's and concepts/plans, so we can do it as "a gift for the clan".
Back to top Go down
http://twitpic.com/photos/DJamesAnderson
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:37 pm

the Head Designer would have mod power in the web design forum, and could add/remove members in the designers group(admins can too). anyone in the designers group would have mod powers in this category as well. so there wouldn't be too much work to do as a Head Designer. the only added task would be adding and removing people in the group.
Back to top Go down
Jameska
Soldier
Soldier
Jameska

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:47 pm

Yeah, but I was talking about site design, everyday stuff can be handled easily.
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Jameska wrote:
Yeah, but I was talking about site design, everyday stuff can be handled easily.

then there is nothing to worry about. improving the site isnt top priority. in fact, nobody is obligated to participate. work at your own pace, whenever you feel like it, and when you DO decide to make something, make whatever you want. its meant to be a fun activity. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jameska
Soldier
Soldier
Jameska

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:05 pm

You have my attention.
Back to top Go down
Orthrus
Soldier
Soldier
Orthrus

AQW Account
Username: Gia Monic
Level: One Million and Six!

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:36 am

If there was gunna be a Design Team, it would be made up of Skull, Chelon*, and James. * Sorry if I misspelt your name.
Back to top Go down
Felkaranos
Commander
Commander
Felkaranos

AQW Account
Username: Felkaranos

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 3:01 am

Darkrai wrote:
If there was gunna be a Design Team, it would be made up of Skull, Chelon*, and James. * Sorry if I misspelt your name.
I don't think so. I have seen a lot of good work here, and I could do some myself too.
Back to top Go down
Gammarai
Soldier
Soldier
Gammarai

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:32 am

True what Deoxys/Felk said =|

Oh and, Skull should be leader ._.

I so wanna be on that team if ever e.e

~Gam
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 3:23 am

well, skull won. skull, do you accept the position, or no? Because, due to recent cirumstances, I can approve the creation of the Designers group and a Head Designer position. Take your time.
Back to top Go down
Gammarai
Soldier
Soldier
Gammarai

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 4:24 am

Please accept please accept please accept >.<

~Gam
Back to top Go down
Orthrus
Soldier
Soldier
Orthrus

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 5:28 pm

Skull, ACCEPT THE [censored] POSITION!
Back to top Go down
Baronet Turncoat X
Diplomat
Diplomat
Baronet Turncoat X

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:12 pm

sheesh, dont pressure him.
Back to top Go down
Orthrus
Soldier
Soldier
Orthrus

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:28 pm

Saintofdarkness wrote:
sheesh, dont pressure him.

Sorry. drunken
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Hm, not quite yet.

I like James idea, but I think it leaves out a sense of leadership, which could lead to confusion when it comes to making decisions.

So, I propose a group. Skull be the head, and below him, all the visual artists. You know, like the Creators, but for web design only. This could be used as a council when it comes down to suggestions, etc, and they should be the only ones able to moderate there (Plus certain ranks, of course). I mean, look at me, I don't know jack shit when it comes to visual art, I have no right moderating this place. xD
Back to top Go down
Jameska
Soldier
Soldier
Jameska

AQW Account

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 3:07 am

Merci wrote:
Hm, not quite yet.

I like James idea, but I think it leaves out a sense of leadership, which could lead to confusion when it comes to making decisions.

So, I propose a group. Skull be the head, and below him, all the visual artists. You know, like the Creators, but for web design only. This could be used as a council when it comes down to suggestions, etc, and they should be the only ones able to moderate there (Plus certain ranks, of course). I mean, look at me, I don't know jack shit when it comes to visual art, I have no right moderating this place. xD
Also, to expand, Bannerfans IS NOT art, nor will it ever be. Skull is the closest thing to an artist here. Id'e say me too, but you guys haven't seen my IRL work so, ya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Head Designer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Designer?   Head Designer? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Designer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Web Design-
Jump to: